MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF CHILDREN WHO ARE VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT, CHILD ABUSE, AND TRAUMA
How can you have a positive impact and help drive real change in the lives of children? Take the time to serve on the Advisory Board of the Children's Response Center (CRC). CRC is a well-established organization serving children and families on the Eastside for over 20 years. It was originally started by members of the Eastside community who saw the need for serving child victims of sexual assault. The Children's Response Center continues to engage the Eastside community as leaders on our Advisory Board. We currently have 14 energetic, enthusiastic members serving on the Board who are passionate about children's issues and eager to make a real difference. Advisory Board members attend well planned, efficient meetings once a month. During that time Board members work as a team to put on an annual fundraiser and raise awareness in the Eastside community about sexual assault prevention. A process is in place to help those interested in serving on the Board determine if it is a good fit. To start that process please call Sally Martinez, Community Affairs Coordinator, at (425) 467-3390.
- We are looking for select individuals who are extremely passionate about children's issues and about children affected by sexual assault, child abuse and trauma.
- The Children's Response Center is located on the Eastside and serves Eastside families. Board members will live or work in the Eastside, and/or have strong ties to the community through work, social or personal contacts.
- This is primarily a fundraising board. Willingness to develop and implement an annual fundraiser is important. With the assistance of experienced staff, Advisory Board members will acquire skills to raise money and put on special events while serving on the board. Advisory Board members do not work directly with children. Passion, and the knowledge that money raised will go directly to help children in need is what helps sustain the Board.
- Education and Awareness is a goal of the Advisory Board and the reward for this type of work is often immediate.
- Advisory Board meetings are held the second Friday of every month from 11:30 - 1:00. Attendance is vital to the success of the board. In addition, each member will serve on one of two committees:
- Fundraising Committee
- Education and Awareness Committee
- One term on the board is a three year commitment.
If you are interested in joining our advisory board, please click here.